quinta-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2023

Ute Lemper - Songs For Eternity

"Especially as a postwar German native, married to a Jewish man here in NY since 20 years, I am eternally sensitive and tortured by the history of the Holocaust. It is my responsibility and utmost ethical longing to honor the culture of the Jewish people and stimulate the dialog about the terrible past . This is a mission that I have adopted already in 1987 when I became the protagonist of the big recordings series on DECCA "Entartete Music" that presented the Jewish composers and their music catalog banned by the Nazies. With SONGS FOR ETERNITY this mission continues and finds its most touching extension. I am overwhelmed by the stories behind each of the songs. I studied a most unique book, a song collection by Vevel Pasternak from 1948, that gathers heartbreaking songs from the Ghettos and Concentration Camps as well as the songbook of Ilse Weber, finally published by her husband in Israel in the 90s long after he survived Auschwitz. Both music collections were given to me by my dear friend Orly Beigel who is half Mexican, half Israeli and a child of a Holocaust Survivor. In 2015 I met Francesco Lotoro in Rome .He had dedicated many years to the research of music written in the concentration camps. It was an honor to present some of his collections with him playing the piano at our concerts." - Ute Lemper


Ute Lemper
Songs For Eternity


Piano Francesco Lotoro
Bass Guiseppe Bassi Bandoneon Victor Villena Violin Daniel Hoffman Clarinet Andre Campanella
--- Concert filmed by RAI in Mantova, Italy

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário