quinta-feira, 20 de outubro de 2022

My Funny Valentine / Miles Davis In Concert

My Funny Valentine Review

 

by Scott Yanow

Miles Davis' concert of February 12, 1964, was divided into two LPs, with all of the ballads put on My Funny Valentine. These five lengthy tracks (specifically, "All of You," "Stella by Starlight," "All Blues," "I Thought About You," and the title cut) put the emphasis on the lyricism of Davis, along with some strong statements from tenor saxophonist George Coleman and freer moments from the young rhythm section of pianist Herbie Hancock, bassist Ron Carter, and drummer Tony Williams. This hour-long LP complements the up-tempo romps of Four & More.   AllMusic



My Funny Valentine
Miles Davis In Concert
A1 My Funny Valentine 00:00 A2 All Of You 15:11 B1 Stella By Starlight 30:21 B2 All Blues 43:28 B3 I Thought About You 52:29 Trumpet – Miles Davis Bass – Ron Carter Drums – Tony Williams Piano – Herbie Hancock Tenor Saxophone – George Coleman
Recorded at New York's Philharmonic Hall, February 12, 1964.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário