Relaxin' with the Miles Davis Quintet is an album recorded in 1956 by Miles Davis.
Two sessions on 11 May 1956 and 26 October in the same year resulted in four albums—this one, Steamin' with the Miles Davis Quintet, Workin' with the Miles Davis Quintet and Cookin' with the Miles Davis Quintet.
These four albums are considered to be among the best performances in the whole hard bop subgenre.
The album was remastered by Rudy Van Gelder in 2005 for Prestige Records. This album includes dialogue snippets taken from the original master reel. It also emphasizes the Miles Davis' concentrated ballad-style playing with his medium-register trumpet.
- "If I Were a Bell" (Frank Loesser) – 8:15
- "You're My Everything" (Harry Warren) – 5:18
- "I Could Write a Book" (Richard Rodgers) – 5:09
- "Oleo" (Sonny Rollins) – 6:18
- "It Could Happen to You" (Jimmy Van Heusen) – 6:37
- "Woody 'n' You" (Dizzy Gillespie) – 5:02
- Tracks 1-4 recorded on the October 26, 1956 session.
- Tracks 5 and 6 recorded on the May 11, 1956 session.